Taxi operating offices/companies received eight instructions from the General Directorate of Traffic Department. It is the driver’s responsibility to follow these instructions.
For Kuwait’s taxi transportation service to improve and ensure the safety of Kuwaitis and ex-pats and facilitate smooth traffic on the roads, the following instructions should be followed:
- It is recommended that permits for taxis in English and Arabic are placed behind the driver’s seat and front passenger’s seat.
- There should be a display of taxi company details and driver details, including their phone numbers.
- It is necessary for roaming taxis to have a taxi fare meter.
- There should be an illuminated sign on the taxi indicating that there are no passengers.
- Passengers cannot be picked up on the street by taxi drivers.
- No pick-ups from Kuwait International Airport by taxi and on-call taxi drivers.
- It is not allowed for taxi drivers to pick up passengers on highways or main roads.
- No goods, equipment, or food are allowed to be transported in taxis.