The Ministry of Interior has decided to resume the issuance of visit visas for family, commercial and tourism purposes under new conditions starting from Wednesday, February 7.2024.
In a press statement, the ministry disclosed this complies with the instructions of Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Defense and acting Minister of Interior Sheikh Fahd Yusuf Al-Sabah and the desire to stimulate commercial, economic and tourism movement in the country; while taking into account the social aspects.
The ministry added that the residency affairs departments in various governorates will receive visa applicants who should book an appointment through the Matta platform.
The following are the conditions for the issuance of visit visa for a family member:
- The visa is granted to the parents, wife and children of expatriate workers provided their salary is not less than KD400 and not less than KD800 for other relatives.
This requires approval of some terms and conditions that must be met to issue the visa as follows:
- Provide roundtrip travel tickets on airlines affiliated with the national airlines (national carrier).
- A written pledge not to demand that these visits be converted into residence in the country.
- Pledge to adhere to the duration of the visit.
- Visitor treatment will be in private hospitals and health centers, as such treatment will not be permitted in government hospitals.
- If the visitor violates the specified period of stay, the Residence Affairs Investigations General Department will include both the visitor and the sponsor in the security control system, through which the violator will be followed up by the department and the legal procedures followed for violators of the Foreigners Residency Law will be applied.
- It is issued upon a request submitted by a Kuwaiti company or institution and is granted to persons holding university or technical qualifications, in a manner commensurate with the company’s activity and the nature of its work.
- For the citizens of 53 countries, the visa is granted to them either directly from the port of entry upon arrival to the country or through an electronic visa on the ministry’s website –www.moi.gov.kw.
- For residents of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries where entry visas for tourism are issued to persons with professions specified in Ministerial Resolution number 2030/2008 and its amendments, and following the rules and regulations specified in the aforementioned Ministerial Resolution.
- Through hotels and companies that have an automatic link with the system of the Residence Affairs General Department under the applicable regulations.
List of 53 countries eligible for visit visa on arrival: