The Philippine Embassy in Kuwait regrets to inform the public that at least seven of its frontline employees tested positive for the COVID-19. In accordance with health protocols, the Embassy announces the suspension of its services in Sabah Al-Salem (temporary office) and Abu Halifa (Al-Sahel Sports Club) on 6-10 June 2021.
The Embassy advises all affected applicants with confirmed online appointments to follow the Embassy’s official website and social media accounts for future advisories. The Embassy is also not releasing new passport and non-passport appointment slots at this time.
The services of the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA), Pag-IBIG Fund, and Social Security System (SSS) are also suspended on 6-10 June 2021.
The Embassy and its attached agencies will continue to serve the Filipino community in Kuwait through the following hotlines and social media accounts:
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/PHinKuwait
- Twitter account: www.twitter.com/PHinKuwait
- Consular Section hotline: 6518-4433
- Assistance to Nationals Unit hotline: 6500-2612
- POLO-OWWA hotline: 9403-9063
Due to the limited movement of Embassy personnel at this time, Filipinos in extremely distressing situations may contact the Kuwaiti government’s emergency hotlines:
- Kuwait Police: 112 (for non-COVID-19 related cases)
- Kuwait Ministry of Health: 151 (for COVID-19 related cases)
The Embassy requests for the public’s understanding during this time. Thank you.