Three Kuwaiti citizens were arrested and have confessed to joining a “terror” group, a statement said.
Kuwait has broken up a new three-member “terror” cell and seized large amounts of weapons, ammunition and explosives, the interior ministry said on Thursday.
Security forces seized “19 ton of ammunition” as well as 144 kilos (316 pounds) of TNT, as well as rocket propelled grenades, hand grenades, firearms and detonators, the ministry said.
At the end of July, Kuwait said it had broken up a five-member cell of alleged members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) group.
In June a Saudi bomber blew himself up in a Shiite mosque in Kuwait City, killing 26 people and wounding hundreds. The militant ISIS group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Last month, Kuwait said it had broken up a five-member cell of alleged ISIS militants.
Source :al alarabiya