OFW in Kuwait Dies After Room Caught Fire

A Filipina passed away in Kuwait while another two Ethiopian were injured in a fire that broke out inside their room. They are all domestic workers.

According to reports, the Filipina expired while the other Ethiopian worker was gravely injured in a fire in Shuhada. The firefighters from Mishref and Sabhan fire centers rushed to the area to control the fire and stopped it from spreading to other places.

“The preliminary information indicates that the cause of the fire is an electrical short circuit, and there is no criminal suspicion in the incident,” says a source.

The identity of the Filipina who passed away is kept from the public.

Meanwhile, it is important to be vigilant and avoid panicking in case of fire. When a fire starts, remember these things: Get out of the place, Stay out and call your local emergency hotline. If a resident of a building, remember to use the stairs and not the elevators. Do not mind your things, save yourself!

 

Image by Arabtimes

Additionally, if you feel that the door handles are already warm, do not try to open it. Upon escaping through smoke, get low as smoke tends to penetrate the higher area first.

Source Arabtimes

Loading...

Related Posts

What Can You Say About This?

Comments

Add Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.